KC: Through My Eyes
A Photography Contest for the International Keratoconus Community
How does Keratoconus Affect your Outlook on the World?
The US-based National Keratoconus Foundation (NKCF), Keratoconus Australia, and the UK-based Keratoconus Group invite anyone connected to the keratoconus (KC) community to share how KC affects perspective using photography. Patients, friends, family members, and eye care professionals are invited to participate. The objective of KC: Through My Eyes isn’t simply to collect creative images, but to help tell a story of how KC impacts daily life. The photo can focus on the challenges, express how obstacles are overcome, or share an appreciation for beauty that may be otherwise overlooked.
Submissions must be received by October 31, 2021. No more than two photo submissions per entrant. Photos will be judged in one of the following categories:
1. Youth (17 and under)
2. Adult (age 18-64)
3. Senior (age 65+)
4. Eye Care Professional
Photos will be judged by representatives from the NKCF, Keratoconus Australia, and Keratoconus Group. Finalists can be viewed after November 1 on social media and at worldkcday.com.
Winners will be announced on World KC Day, November 10, 2021. All images will become property of the NKCF, Keratoconus Australia and Keratoconus Group.
Who May Enter?
- Anyone touched by keratoconus (those living with the condition, as well as family and friends, and eye care professionals who treat or study KC). If you are less than 18 years of age, a parent or guardian’s permission is required.
What to Enter?
- Any photo image that helps to tell the story of how KC affects perspective or helps to tell a KC story. Reflect on challenges or achievements. Share a message about life with KC. Your photos will help raise global awareness on World KC Day, November 10, 2021.
- Photographs must have been taken by the person entering the contest. Images may be enhanced before submission including application of filters, screens, or use of software programs like Adobe Photoshop. Any edits to the original photograph must be performed by the photographer.
- There are no restrictions regarding subject matter or location. You must have permission if you include any recognizable person in your photograph and you may not infringe upon copyright or trademark material by explicitly featuring it in the photograph. Please no inappropriate or objectional content.
- All images submitted will become the non-exclusive property of NKCF, Keratoconus Australia, and Keratoconus Group and may be used in stories, articles and social media.
How to Enter
- All photo entries must be submitted electronically. No mail-in entries will be accepted. Acceptable file formats are JPG, JPEG, PNG, and GIF. There is a limit of 2 photographs per entrant. A separate entry form must be completed for each photograph. There is no fee to participate in the contest. Incomplete entries will not be considered.
- Entries are accepted through midnight local time on October 31, 2021 and must be made through the contest portal on http://www.worldkcday.com (below). Finalists and prizes will be announced on World KC Day, November 10, 2021.
- Images will be judged by representatives from NKCF, Keratoconus Australia and Keratoconus Group. Finalists will be selected based on impact, originality, artistic merit and how well the photo shares some element of life with keratoconus.
Submit your photo and contestant application HERE